Saturday, February 7, 2009

WHO CARES!!!

For starters I DO!!!

I have been in this fellowship since 1994 and have loved being a part of it for many reasons. There are also many things I have come to despise. Excuses, lack of follow through, egos, stupid traditions, memories that are bigger than dreams, pride etc.

I have invested alot of my time, energy and resources into this fellowship as much has been invested in me. I am a product of a few people that cared!!! People who CARED enough to get involved, who cared enough to reach out, give, speak up, take a shot for the team etc.

I have met alot of gifted, talented people in this fellowship but few seem to really care. Maybe they have been beat up, tired, heard one too many promises of change etc I don't know. I do know this, I CARE!

One of my new staff pastors said reently to me "I don't think you're gonna be PCG very much longer". I said "Really, why do you say that". He said "we might outgrow our need for it". I said kindly, "I will be PCG till Jesus comes back, I die or the PCG keeps me from doing God's will for my life and ministry. I cannot outgrow my need for the fellowship because my relationship to the fellowship is give and take. I receive from those who can lift me higher and I give to those I can lift higher.

I know several guys who I think are gifted in many ways, but aren't team players. They will only focus on what effects them. I see things shifting and changing all around me. I am thinking not only about me and my church now, but my church and our district and our fellowship in the future. Why? I CARE. I am in this with everything I have and I refuse to let lazy, selfish, inconsiderate behavior stop this fellowship from moving forward to be all it was created to be and that I believe is to network together to reach this world with the reality of Christ and His love displayed through His death. I need you and you need me and until we accept that and act accordingly we will continue to talk about all we could do instead of all we are doing!

I CARE...Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Todd, thank you for caring. I love the PCG. I love my leaders. I need my leaders and the brotherhood.

    Thank you for loving unconditionally.

    Russell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i do care. If not i would not be here. I love the fellowship that is offered. I would love to see more networking and interaction with lots more people. I would love to see the walls that seperate us be torn down and there be acceptance of one another unconditionally. I care enough that i have stayed here and want to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete