Friday, February 13, 2009

Shared Ideas & Resources

One of the things I hope comes out of the NPN is shared ideas and resources. I have always been one to call my friends when I come accross a great idea for ministry or resources that are effective and priced right. Some of these have been passed on to me as well. You may or may not be aware of some of these but I would like to bring them to your attention anyway and if they help...great! If not...I tried!
1) www.powerpointsermons.com is a great resource for graphic design. They offer still and moving images that can be used for powerpoint bulletin slides n such as well as downloaded as a jpeg, tiff etc that can be used for posters, mailers etc. They are high quality and have new ones added weekly. Everything from sermon ideas slides to announcement slides and more. It costs a few hundred dolars a year and is well worth it!
2) www.templatemonster.com is a great place to get some templates for a website if you have someone who understans the basics of website building but struggles with design. You have to go through alot of samples to find some good ones but they are there.
3) www.coldwatercafe.com is a great website for resources for Children's Ministry. The website actually has links for everything from curriculum to puppets to kids ministry building decor. A must see for kids workers.
4) www.creativepastors.com most of you I am sure are aware of but if you go to ELEVATE kids curriculum it is awesome! Very reasonably priced and is dvd interactive. Very good for churches who have passionate workers but lack in creative teachers. Very high quality videos and lessons. Worth checking out.
5) www.constantcontact.com is an inexpensive and great way to communicate to your church by way of e-mail. They provide many templates or you can do your own, add graphics etc. It's like an e-mail newsletter reminding your people of things happening at your church.
6) www.nextdayflyers.com is a site that does postcards, touch cards, tickets etc. for VERY GOOD PRICES. 5000 2 sided full color on some sizes for less than $100 dollars. Great way to advertise what's happening in your ministry or promote your ministry. Knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator helps greatly. Their prizes are amazing and turn around time is awesome. Our DYD Terry V Skiles uses them regularly for youth promotions, nice stuff!
7) www.displays2go.com offes anything and everything to showcase ministries, literature, posters, display cases and more and I do mean more. They will send you free catalogs on a regular basis and have everything you can imagine, you will get great ideas when you see their products. Nice contemporay pulpits as well.
8) www.buddybellministries.com is a great palce to get books and resiurces to help build effective usher and greeter ministries. Buddy Bell specializes in the ministry of helps. This is an area alot of churches struggle in, I know it has been for us in the past.
9) www.animoto.com was told to me from our DYD. Neither of us has used it yet but for $3 you upload your photos and songs and it creates a professional slide show for you to download and show at your services. Might be worth checking out if you don't have someone who can do it for you.
10) www.cheaplights.com some very good prices on liggting of all kinds, especially led lights.
11) www.churchmarketingsucks.com I KNOW I KNOW not eveyone will be crazy about the name of the site but there is some very good info at times on church trends, marketing etc.
I will post some more stuff another time with some more resource, ideas and maybe outreach and follow up ideas that we have come accross that have been effective for us. I would love to hear from you any resources or ideas that have been good for you and your ministry. Lets help one another be the best we can and be effective as we can for the kingdom's sake. Some areas maybe we can share...
1) Resources, Websites etc
2) Outreach Ideas
3) Follow Up Ideas
4) Anything else you feel would benefit.
I look forward to seeing the responses!

Much love & respect to all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Pastor and former General Bishop, Roy Chappell mentored and pastored me for my first three years of full-time ministry following Bible College. One of the many impressions he left with me was, "We are 90% borrowed and only 10% original". He expressed that many pastors become frustrated thinking that they have to be original when there are so many available resources. That was in 1989. How much more is available twenty years later? Thanks, Todd! I'm a lot less original today...and my 90% just got better!

    Just had an IDEA! I think I'll create a "Ministry Resource" document in Word to list these and other resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I have great friend who works for one of the leading companies in projection systems called Christie Digital in Cypress California. If in need and interested, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use the connection on projection systems. We are getting ready to redo all of our media systems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can give me a call, my office number is 951-849-3331
    and I will put you in touch with a guy. He attends our sister church in Perris w/ terry Skiles and is a good friend. I cannot guarantee anything but he can get some good prices on stuff, especialy refurbs on occassion. He has been with the company around 15 + years and is high up. Anyway, if that doesn't work I have another connection in Michigan. Hope I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Todd, your post is really helpful. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete