Monday, February 16, 2009

The Uncommon Life?

I remember when God called me to an uncommon life. God gave me a vision of what I'd be doing for Him. I said, "Lord, I'm willing, I'll go where you want me to go, I'll do what you'd have me to do."

Then I came back to my real life and my real circumstances and found out that I still had to run my daughter to basketball practice, still had to balance my checkbook, still had to rake the leaves that came off the trees during the night.

All the while I'm lugging garbage down the drive way I'm saying, "I'm a man of purpose" - and now all of the sudden it doesn't sound so impressive.

All of my Bible heroes were men and women that did uncommon things while doing ordinary things when the call came to them.
  • Moses was on the backside of the desert watching sheep.
  • David was doing the same things.
  • Elisha was plowing a field.
  • Fishermen were just fishing for a living.

God meets us in the middle of our commonness and speaks an uncommon purpose to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment