Tuesday, March 3, 2009

conference resources

Hey Guys,

Today I thought I would list some conference resources that has been a great benefit to me. I usually try to attend 2-3 conferences each year outside of my district activity for spiritual renewal and growth. Hopefully some of these will be a benefit to you.

Creative Church Conference; aka C3; www.creativechurchconference.com
I just attended this conference 2 weeks back. This is the 5th year I have attended and taken some of my team with me. It is hosted by Ed Young Jr. at Fellowship Church in Dallas. It is the most inspirational conference I have ever attended. Even though it is a mega church of 20,000 people, Ed Young began with less than 100 people 20 years ago. I love it. It is a must. Check it out and you can even order the dvd set from the conference.

Exponential Conference: www.exponentialconference.org
This is a great conference for church planting and those desiring to expand their ministry through video venues or serving as a mothering church. It has 75 speakers with tons of breakout sessions. I attended this last year. Very powerful. Full of strategy and structural planning. It is hosted in Orlanda, FL. by New Thing Network.

The Sticks: www.thesticks.tv
I am getting ready to attend this conference desgined to bring large growth to small rural areas. This is a regional conference and one is coming up in Northern Arkansas. It is being hosted by a church located in a town of 400 people and 10 miles to the closest McDonalds. Brand New Church has grown from 50 people to almost 2000 with 3 video venues in 5 years in rural Arkansas. Not attended yet but can't wait to ck it out. I will definately give you an update.

Catalyst: www.catalystconference.com
This is a conference geared to the Next Generation. We have attended it for 3 years taking some of our team to it as well. It is very motivational with a stadium feel of usually 12,000-15,000 young leaders. It is hosted by Injoy, John Maxwell and has been located in Atlanta for several years. This year they have branched out to the West Coast with that Catalyst West Coast happening in just a few weeks. Great movtivational speakers from speakers such as Craig Groeshel, Andy Stanley, Rick Warren, Mark Sanborn, Seth Godin, Francis Chan, Erwin McManus, Rob Bell & Matt Chandler. Rocking Music with very creative and modern approach.

If there is some conference resource you would like to share, be sure to post it on the comments page. I always love hearing about things that are out there for a resource to grow our churches. Can't wait to hear from you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Eddie, what a great resource! Your post is excellent, and I hope our guys really check out some of these conferences. A learner is a leader and a leader is a learner.

    ReplyDelete