Today we hear from Tommy Sparger. Tommy planted North Point Church in Springfield, Missouri in 2003. Tommy is licensed with Assembly of God. North Point has grown to 3,500 in 6 years leading hundreds of people to Christ. Check out this ministry.
Church website: www.northpointnow.org
Tommy blogspot: www.tommysparger.com
10 Danger Signs that should be a red flag to a Spiritual Leader
1. You view other churches or organizations in the “kingdom” as competition.
2. You can do what you are doing without the help of God.
3. You are becoming increasingly cynical.
4. You have no friends that you can REALLY open up to.
5. The only friends that you have are the people helping you to accomplish what you are trying to accomplish — and the minute they are of no use to you anymore — they are no longer your friends.
6. Your disciples resemble “The Pharisees” more than they resemble “Jesus”. They are more concerned with being right, doctrine, control, the political process, how horribly biased the secular media is, than they are allowing God to soften their heart and make them more like Him. When your disciples are mean spirited, paranoid, want you to take a public stand against homosexuals, Harry Potter, or whatever else…. be careful….. You are their teacher. What are you attracting and why? What are you teaching? The world has enough mean spirited fundamentalist that are more concerned that we avoid secular music than they are caring for the poor ………….You are there to make a difference. Raise up better disciples. The world needs it - the church needs it - you need it.
7. You have secrets that only you know about.
8. You have escape fantasies.
9. You feel trapped.
10. The only reason that you are doing what you are doing anymore is because you don’t know how else to make a living.
-If this describes you, please know, you can get help. Go see a counselor. Work it out. You can salvage this thing.