Monday, September 7, 2009

How Good Is Your Church...... Really?

In my pursuit of being the best we can be as a church I am always evaluating everything from our landscaping, facitlites, services etc. However, I have decided to get the opinion of someone whose opinion really matters....a non-church person. I have decided to find someone from the community every 3 months and pay them $50 to attend a church service (secret shopper) and following that service fill out a questionaire with their honest opinion of everything about our church. The questionaire will include our grounds, facilities, bathrooms, music, the message, the people, the atmosphere as well as whether or not they would return if they were to start attending a church

Why do this? Because all of us have forgotten what it is like to walk into a church for the first time and if we want the truth then we need to ask the person that really matters!

I know this is not a new concept but I am curious as to what you are doing to evaluate your effectiveness when it comes to 1st time guests.

3 comments:

  1. Great comments Todd! I've thought of doing this and have read of others who have...just haven't made the time to do it.

    Thank you for reminding us of the First Impression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Todd. This is something I have read about but have not practiced in the aspect of an unbeliever. I have asked visiting friends/pastors to give an evaluation as a secret shopper. These are great things to do to really get the pulse of what your church is doing and what it looks like.

    We sometimes get comfortable with how things are and in a routine. This will cause us to break out of that. Good stuff. I am going to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let you know how it goes and post the results on here...good or bad!

    ReplyDelete