Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Are You Done Yet?

Last night I received a very disturbing call that wrecked me for a time. It was my Bishop on the other end informing me that on of our ministers (35) had been pronounced brain dead following a fatal car accident while away with his wife over the weekend.

I am not ging to lie, we were on different planets when it came to our views of ministry and though we were not enemies we were not buddies either if you know what I mean.

After hanging up with Bishop Lake I said a prayer for his wife and kids and started to get emotional whn my wife walked in and asked me what was wrong. I told her what had happened and we both sat there stunned for a few moments. My mind raced with thoughts about his family, his ministry & did he make provisions etc. You see moments like that cause all differences to go away if not but for a short period of time and we remember we are all brothers on the same team. It also makes you realize how much there is to do and if we do not get busy we may miss it!

Jesus said "work while it is yet day for the night comes when no man can work". I am 2 years older than Jason and I have s much to do for my family and for the Kingdom. The question is if there is much to be done..are we doing it and if not, why not?

Let me close with this. None of us have been promised tomorrow or how much more time we have to do what needs to be done so.........ARE YOU DONE YET? If not, what are you waitin for?

No comments:

Post a Comment