Wednesday, May 6, 2009

5 styles of Leadership that always Lose!!

#2 - The Apathetic Leader

One of the biggest problems that exist in church world today is that there are leaders that do not care about the people they are serving…or the condition of the world around them.
Apathy is one of satan’s best weapons. He doesn’t mind if we know the truth about life, death, heaven, hell and such…he just wants us not to care about it.
One of his best tactics is to get a pastor or a staff member so focused on going to another church, you know, taking a step “up” in ministry that he/she totally neglects the church where they are supposed to be serving.

The day a leader no longer cares about the people he is serving…he should resign immediately.
The day a leader no longer can get passionate about God’s direction for the ministry they are in…and they are OK with it…BIG problems are only a step away.
I believe a leaders job is to beg God…
**Let me see as You see!
**Let me feel as You feel!

When those two prayers get legs under them…apathy is no longer a possibility.
Passion is essential for longevity in leadership!

What are you doing to constantly refill your passion tank? We must be in THE WORD daily!
Surround yourself with passionate people. (I do not allow negative people around me…can’t handle it!)
Attend conferences where leadership is taught.
Make sure we work on our physical health.

My prayer is that, as a leader, I will always love what I do…who I serve with and the place of ministry God has called me to be. God has called us to a great calling as Men of God to be full of integrity, passion & purpose. I pray that each of us will not be driven by pleasing church people, acceptance of other ministries, our denomination (PCG), but you will be DRIVEN by Passion to build the Kingdom of God by winning the lost and leading them to become fully devoted followers of Christ.

A leader who simply does not care will never be a difference maker!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great Stuff!!! The word "apathy" means "...unconcerned; lack of interest, emotion, or feelling; passive..." Eddie, it seems (the more I read your blogs) that our personalities and leadership strengths are similar. I don't know what causes apathy; yet I think I've seen many church leaders and pastors who fit the description. Do thy have distractions that cause apathy? Rejection? Hurt? Bitterness? Un-resolved issues? I'm certain that we will all have days or seasons in the ministry where we could - if not on our toes - allow "apathy" to settle in; but if "apathy" has become the norm, you're right, it's time for a change.

    ReplyDelete