Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The way Fred sees it

I recently asked one of my leaders to describe to me his viewpoint on leadership. Here's what he said.
  1. I would think that leadership comes from God and God only. Unless God gives that to you, you have no influence.
  2. A leader’s uniform is never the same as those that he serves with. He must wear the uniform of a leader
  3. A leader must go the extra mile. To carry the ministry wherever necessary.
  4. The leader must carry the vision less they all fall in the ditch.
  5. In all the leader is the hardest working member of the team.
  6. If the ministry succeeds or fails it is a direct result of the leader.

1 comment:

  1. It's always interesting to get someone's point of view on leadership. I would like to get some discussion goin on point 6 - "If the ministry succeeds or fails it is the direct result of the leader." I think it is true that ultimately the leader takes the credit or blame for that ministry's success or failure, but could there be other circumstance, internal or external, that contribute to this? Is Maxwell's leadaership maxim that everything rises and falls on leadership correct?

    ReplyDelete