Monday, December 15, 2008

Are you a First Fruits Pastor?

We all know what "First Fruits" mean. (God gets the first portion - 10%) Of course, all of us are true tithers. After all, we're participants of the navigational pastors network. :-)

Can you imagine a minister in our fellowship who preaches & teaches to others from the Word of God that doesn't tithe? I know that it's not any of us...but you know...just imagine that for a moment.

Individually - First Fruits is what we do. In other words, it's First Fruits Living (FFL) NOT left over giving (LOG).

Corporately - First Fruits is more than just a replacement of an old 5% program with a maxium giving of $600 a year.

First Fruits is Biblical.

First Fruits to me is God getting the FIRSTLING of ANYTHING. (i.e., time, talent, treasure, days, hours, minutes, etc)

Right now, we are in the middle of major renovation in our church. It seems all I'm doing is thinking about budgets, electrical, drywall, sound, lighting, you name it. All of this is pressing on the mind. However, even though we are keeping a watchful eye on our budget, even though the economy's soft, even though gas prices are up & down, even though....we are committed to still being a First Fruits church.

Being and remaining a First Fruits church is important to me. As a local congregation particpates in this Biblical pattern - we bring a covering to the chalice of our interests.

On January 1st our church will enter into the 21 day fast. Again, a First Fruit. Entering into a corporate fast in the first month of the year - will sanctify the remaining months as well as produce the Fruit of the Spirit in our lives individually. I was thrilled when Bishop Scott began promoting this. We've routinely done this locally, but as a corporate fellowship - I can only imagine the results that will follow.

I want to be a First Fruits Pastor
I want to pastor a First Fruits Church
I want to lead the people I'm responsible for into God's prosperity plan

I don't play the lottery... :-)

Russell Hylton

No comments:

Post a Comment