Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where Do You Go?


The pictures shown are my new office I just finished building myself (with the exception of the hardwood floor). It is about 6x8 and it is in my garage. Why you ask? Without going into too much detail I found myself growing weary fast and increasingly aggrivated at the everyday situations coming my direction. Through a series of events over the last few months I realized several reasons for this aggrivation. My time was being swallowed up by anyone and everyone I would allow to. I came accross this saying that really spoke to me. "WHATEVER CONTROLS YOU CONTROLS YOUR DESTINY". I realized I needed a place to get away from the everyday pull of life and ministry (not my family) and my home simply was not large enough to afford me an office. So, my wife and I put our heads together and as you can see I now have such a place. A place to be alone, to be quiet, to hear from God, to pray, to study etc. A place where I can once again be in control of who & what controls my destiny. Do you have such a place? Where is it?





























1 comment:

  1. If we don't control our time, someone will. Boundaries are essential. Yes, I have a home office as well. My e-mail is private. When I give it to someone, I ask them not to add me to a list where others can see it. I change the e-mail address when too many have discovered it. We all get tired of reading the same joke, story, or prophecy.

    The same is true of my cell number. Family, staff, the 12 men in my LIFE Group, and ministry friends have it; but I change it when someone gets it by accident. Several months ago, a lady from the church called me. She had a quick question. I hung up and wondered how she got my cell number. So, I dialed 611 to immediately change the number. I sent a text to the people who are free to have it, reminding them that my number is private.

    Where do I go? Often, to a coffee shop with the worst coffee! Starbucks & Pete's are filled with everyone I know. But there is another competitor (or not so much a competitor) that has no business. That's the best one for me. Nobody knows my hide-out. I can get some good reading time there. I'd rather have a bad cup of coffee with no distractions than a good cup with interruptions. We also have a "Cafe" on our church campus. Sometimes, I'll sneak upstairs for reading, prayer, and a diet pepsi.

    ReplyDelete