Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I cried for my president!

I must admit I was tempted to blog about Michael Jackson. I watched a portion of his memorial service, not because I was a fan (although I did like him in my earlier years) but for several other reasons.

However, I feel directed otherwise to share with you something that happened to me yesterday at church. At the last moment I was told of a nation-wide event called "TheCall2Fall". Simply put it was a challenge for churches and believers all over America to fall to their knees in prayer for America according to 2 Chr 7:14. Churches were asked to dedicate a portion of their service to pray for America.

I preached a message entitled "The Prayer That Shook The House" from Acts 4:31-33.
I marveled at the fact that Peter and John after being beaten, told to keep quiet and had their lives threatened before their release immediatley upon their release ran back to their "Own Companions" and the 1st thing they did was pray and ask God to make them bold. Make them bold to do what? To speak the very Word that got them beaten and their lives threatened to begin with. Think about that! There is much more I could share about this but here is my point for this blog.

I realize more and more how our government is betraying our foundation of faith and I will admit I am not a fan of our current leader. However, at the end of each of our 2 services I challenged our church to fill the altars and cry out to God on behalf of our country and that he would as He did in Acts 4:31-33 by Shaking our house, forgiving us, filling us with His Spirit and using us to speak His Word with boldness.

During our 8:30 a.m. service I prayed for Obama, his wife and then his kids. I have prayed for them before but this time it was different. It was with a repentant heart and a sincere desire to see God Bless he and his family. During that time I began to cry as I realized that although many love him, there are many more who desire to kill him or see him fail!

I love America. The older I get the more patriotic I become. I get angered at ball games when people don't remove their hats and talk during our national anthem. I become frustrated at times to see people use a holiday such as the 4th of July as a simple excuse to become intoxicated.

July 4th represents our independance as a nation but more importantly our dependance on God to be truy free! He has blessed America but America has turned her back on Him. I love my country, I honor the men and women of our military and pray that God will fill the White House and every other government building with His presence and that our leaders will fall on their knees as we did yesterday and ask God to forgive us & heal our land as we humble ourselves, pray, seek Him and and turn from our wicked ways.

Remember: Although we want our leaders to do this, the key in this verse is wrapped up in the following "IF MY PEOPLE".

Yesterday I cried not only for me and my country, but for my president. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment